Job Vacancy – Operations Manager Abu Dhabi
1. Scope and General Purpose:
The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the operational delivery of Shamal Group Limited’s (“the Company”) ongoing projects, both within the Middle East region and worldwide. S/he will also be responsible for supply chain set-up and management, as well as supporting the wider business with contract management issues.
2. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales process by coordinating cost / impact analysis and feasibility studies relating to all projects.
- Provide support during the preparation of high-level requirements specifications, including (but not limited to) Design Brief creation.
- Analyse and re-engineer (where required) business processes to ensure maximum efficiency, taking input from senior management and employees.
- Develop and own key projects documents and processes, researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency as required whilst ensuring the Company remains legally compliant within all process frameworks.
- Identify performance metrics to monitor costs, quality, timeliness of projects, creating reporting structures that are distributed to key employees.
- Provide operational support to the Strategy division, as required.
- Takes on operational leadership of projects, overseeing accurate and timely delivery of the end-to-end project plan.
- Identify, report and manage risks and issues in line with the Company’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Support with the Contract Management process, ensuring a high level of attention is given to the operational details of the contract and risks are logged accordingly with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyor/Cost Control Manager to ensure commercial risks in relation to the contract are acknowledged and dealt with.
Supply Chain Management
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor/Cost Control Manager, oversee the end-to-end supply chain process, including (but not limited to) dealing with the initial strategic set-up of the supply chain, vendor selection and management, cost control and ensuring overall stability/reliability of the supply chain to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Design and develop a purchasing strategy, which includes the creation of vendor KPIs and end to end cost analysis.
- Identify and develop a network key suppliers and vendors, monitoring costs and trends to mitigate any risk within the network whilst ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, communicating Company requirements efficiently and clearly.
- Oversee the Quality Assurance process, ensuring samples are received and are logged on a register for future comparison complete with feedback from external and internal stakeholders.
- Create a framework for the assessment of ongoing vendors, using information obtained on price, quality and delivery (etc.) reporting feedback to the Company.
- Work closely with the Legal Department to review all contractual terms and agreements for major key vendors and suppliers.
- Create, launch and oversee the tender process.
- Oversee the Purchase Order (“PO”) process related to all supply chain activities, maintaining accurate and sufficient records of all POs.
- To assist the Legal Department with any contractual issues relating to the Project from time to time, as required.
- To ensure that any contractual documentation that binds the company is reviewed and approved by the Legal department prior to being issued.
3. General Responsibilities
- Be respectful and courteous to colleague, clients and other stakeholders at all times, supporting a positive Company image and culture.
- Support the facilitation of constructive inter-departmental relations through adequate communication and understanding of different job roles.
- Demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the Company.
- Always adhere to Company rules and regulations, policies and processes.