Job Vacancy – Administrator
Our Abu Dhabi-based company is looking to hire an Administrator who will directly report to the Chief of Staff.
The Administrator is responsible for providing a concise, courteous and effective administrative service to Shamal Group Limited (“the Company”) across a number of key areas, to ensure the smooth running of daily operations.
What you will do:
- Provide overall diary and administrative support to Operating Committee (“OpComm”) members, as advised by the Chief of Staff (“COS”).
- Work to gain an extensive knowledge of the organisation, as well as key personnel (both external and internal) to whom there will be repeated exposure.
- Maintain appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences for business related activities as required.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving and copying text, data, graphics and/or presentations, as required, including Minutes of Meetings.
- Filing (soft and hard copies) of documents received from all external and internal stakeholders in an efficient manner, developing a filing/retrieval system to enable the fast and efficient retrieval of documents,
- Ensure safe, professional and courteous handling of the main phoneline in the Reception by answering all incoming calls as quickly as possible, using appropriate greetings and Company identity.
- Transfer all incoming calls to the appropriate persons, taking messages when the person is not available and ensuring messages are passed through slips/emails.
- Maintain register of international calls, and where possible classify personal calls and company calls.
- Maintain and update the internal telephone list (as required).
- Handle the Reception for all incoming visitors, guiding them appropriately.
- Ensure all visitors are offered and provided with refreshments, as required.
- Under the guidance of the COS, complete all business travel booking requests as required, in line with the Business Travel & Expenses policy, including any required visa processes.
- Manage the day to day schedule of the Corporate Driver, ensuring all use of the Driver is booked accordingly.
- Maintain a log of all incoming and outgoing shipments/ items for posting.
- Receive incoming courier deliveries and post.
- Escalate any issues with office maintenance to the appropriate department for resolution (e.g. building management team, security etc).
- Where required, identify external suppliers for resolution of office maintenance issues which are not within the jurisdiction of the building management team
- Oversee the purchasing of stationary, ensuring a constant stock is kept and orders are placed as necessary.
Who we are looking for:
- Must have at least 5 years of experience
- Must be well-versed with Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently
- Previous Executive Assistant experience is desirable